let’s just pretend i’m gong to blogher this year. it will help me get my mind off of the fact that 3 kids have mono, 1 of those kids has altitude sickness & is homesick to the max, and i’m moving in 2 days. (not to mention the 21 zits/pimples that are on my face right now.)
here is my list of all things blogher.
1. laundry. i’m not buying clothes. i have a perfectly fine allotment of wearables already & am already spending, like $700 (pretend) dollars to go to blogher. never mind the shopping i might do in chicago. and the food i’d like to eat. (yes, i know that i just listed a bunch of restaurants that my boyfriend, anthony bourdain, went to when he was there.)
2. i will be taking flip flops. that is all.
3. if i wear a dress, it will be a sundress that i already own. otherwise, i might wear some cotton skirts or shorts & tshirts or tank tops. i’m not fancy.
4. i might get a little fancy & put on jewelry. you know, since i can’t wear it with a baby around.
5. i’m gonna hug everyone! and i expect to be hugged back, but please, oh please, don’t lick me. i don’t like being licked. my son does it all. the. time. and i can’t stand it.
6. i may have a drink a day. i had 2 newcastles last friday & was hungover on saturday. it sucked. i’m a lightweight. i don’t mind. if you want my (pretend) drink tickets, i’ll give them to you, but please don’t ralph on my flip flops.
7. i won’t have business cards. i blog for fun & community & those things cost (pretend) money. which is something i don’t have much of at the moment.
8. i’ve got no problem pooping anywhere, so i’ll be dropping bombs roughly 30 minutes after i wake up every morning. no more, no less. i will bring some smelly-good stuff so i don’t assault anyone’s nose with my (non-existent) odors.
9. i may, or may not dance. i don’t usually dance, although i can and was once the captain of the dance team in school, but it’s just not something i do much anymore. i like a choreographed routine. i’m not much for freestyling. maybe next year mochamomma & i can hook something up.
10. i will, however, karaoke my ass off.
11. i can’t wait to meet all of you! even if i don’t read your blog, i may like to add another 143 blogs to my reader, so say hi if you see me! i’m very friendly & don’t bite.